Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow Day!

You know that feeling when you are a child and see snow coming down and knowing that you do not have to go to school that day? Well I am having it right now! I went out and ran around town for a little bit, because I started a Stitch 'N Bitch for some local people and I. I say at Panera Bread for a while with this lovely displayed on my table for people to find me.





But, no one showed much to my dismay. I cannot count on the first meeting going off without a hitch, so I suppose I will just keep on trying. I then went grocery shopping, which I then bought my darling Tim Burton's new movie, Frankenweenie. I watched it, and loved it of course. But I went to put out my dogs about 2, and saw this greeting me.


I rejoiced! I was off work for once and I did not have to go in! I could stay home and have a snow day! I could drink hot chocolate and have cookies and brownies and watch movies I adore!

Then, my husband texted me that he did not have to go to school that evening. I was elated! I could have an evening cooking for my husband. I immediately threw on my jacket and dashed out the door so I could get some sort of meat for me to have for our dinner.

I should have stayed at home.

I barely got home with the hills I have in the area. I was surprised that I did not see more wrecks on the way home with the way it was coming down. 

I really should have taken some pictures with my phone while I was out, because it turned from that little bit to this, which is around 4 o'clock.










I barely made it home due to the amount that snowed I was quite upset at the fact that I had to park in the street instead of my normal spot in the yard. As you can see in one of the pictures I did not have the ability to make it up the hill. My poor little birdhouse even got a good dusting of snow.



I let the children out, and they were so confused. Sheila, the white and black one tried to eat it. The brown one, Bunsen, was like "What is this stuff? It is cold! Mom, let me in!" You can still see some snow on Sheila, the older of the two children. She did not shake it off immediately like Bunsen did.






Now, I took these pictures an hour ago. Since then I have started dinner because the husband is hungry and on his way home. Here is what it has done since then on our back porch.



Even our little birdhouse got a good bit more on it.


I let our children out to play, and the older child was adventurous.



However, our younger child would not leave my side off the back porch.



It was even sticking in my hair.



The hubby made it home safely, so I might post another project later if he wants to watch a movie or something.






No comments:

Post a Comment