Sunday, January 27, 2013

Purple

Years ago, my mother asked me what I wanted to have for Christmas. I told her "Yarn" and when she asked what color I replied with "Purple". Little did I know that would be the last words I wish I spoke. I am not ungrateful for any yarn that I receive, but I was given about six of each of the colors I used in the following pictures.



I have been using these colors for about EVERYTHING that I can try it out on. Shawl pattern I want to figure out? Purple. New hat that I want to try and make? Purple. What about socks that someone sends me a pattern for? PURPLE! The answer is always purple.

However, my stash is slowly dwindling now. I am eating through it with determination so I may work with it on occasion instead of all the time. I may slowly come to love this color once again a couple of months down the road after the stash has run its course. Heck, I may even buy more of these colors just because it is familiar and it is easier to work with something like that. Who knows?

For now, the stash is slowly going down, and my pattern try list is growing. One day, someday soon, I will run out of these two colors, and I will have to find another go to color to use. And I will be confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment