Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My husband

I thought after reading this article I should tell you all about my husband.

I met him a little over two years ago. He was needing some help with something medical at home that his mother was not comfortable with, and at the time we were just mutual friends of a friend of mine. Friendship grew into something more and eventually we got married this past year. He had no idea what he got himself into when he did that.

The house was taken over by boxes, most of them just junk that I had I wanted to go through and did not have enough space to go through, but there were what he likes to refer to as "the others". I have like two boxes that have fabric I am going to use to make a quilt, and then I had the various boxes and bags of yarn.

He does put up with a lot. Sometimes, our kitchen table is covered in yarn when I am in a mood and work on several different hats at a time. When I go out and buy more yarn while I still have tons of it at home, he just gives me an indulgent smile. I swear I saw him wince when his mother actually got me a sewing machine for Christmas this year because he knew that I would be buying fabric too. I am sure that in his mind he saw that he would be coming home and finding the house redone in some goth like fabrics for the curtains and the table with some new place mats and a tablecloth to go with it. I am also pretty sure that he is dreading the day I actually get the time to do things like that because let's face it, we all know the day that comes when you decide to create things and the house is transformed.

But, he loves me. I know I will not have to fight him over my crafts, and he will encourage me to be creative as much as I can be. After all, the yarn has to be eaten away at somehow right?

No comments:

Post a Comment