Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I have been such a slacker

I have seriously been slacking in my housework and crochet projects. I told the husband that I will probably take some time off in order to get some things done at some point in the coming weeks. However, today I was actually practicing the three C's: cleaning, creativity, and coffee. Those are the three things that I deem vital in order to practice being a good little housewife, even though I am not one quite yet. I loaded the picture of the things I finished while I was being so slacky on the projects. I only finished one project a week last week. I finished this hat in support of our local college team this week.

 I rather enjoyed the reactions that I got from posting this to my facebook when I finished about three of them.

Then, I made my Stitch 'N Bitch Challenge that they make something for their favorite animal in their life. Since my dogchildren would chew the little sweater off in less than two minutes, I made a little sweater/vest for the nurse I work with that has a yorkie. The pattern is from Red Hearts free pattern section and I had to modify it since I kind of messed it up in the beginning :/


 It fits her furry baby just great, but I don't have any pictures of her baby in it right now to post at the moment.

Then, I decided to try something new and once again I used this wonderful lady to get my inspiration to do something wonderful. I followed the theme that I made a family of owls, so I made an owl stuffed animal.


I will be letting this little one follow me around the house and get things done. It is so cute even my husband was excited to see it, and he usually doesn't get all the excited about me showing him something I make. He laughed and held it while holding it out to our children to sniff. I am pretty sure that I am going to be making more of them since everyone on facebook wants it.

I wish I had pictures of my sewing room when it was finished, but I have things strewn all over it right now from going through my yarn and getting things organized so I can start really getting into expanding my etsy shop beyond hats. I am hoping to bake a lot tonight as well. Here is to being a good little domestic for my husband and others!

No comments:

Post a Comment