Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pom-Pom Problems

I am absolutely frustrated beyond measure. This has been one of the most awful things I have ever tried to do. I took it upon myself to make a Jayne Cobb hat. It is something that I have been wanting to do since I have watched the TV show and people have been making requests for me to make them. I thought it would be easy, so I looked up the pattern and proceeded to try to follow the directions to try to make one. The first one was absolutely dreadful from trying to wrap it around my fingers and doing what they told me to do. I could not keep it from unwinding and I could not figure out how to make it go POOF and not limp on the top of the hat. So, off to youtube I went. There were so many that DID NOT help me at all what so ever. I tried. I really tried. I was literally almost in tears about the time I got through watching four videos and found out they part I had been missing. Finally, I get through the part I need to get through, start some cutting...and it was not long enough. I started spewing forth British profanity slang and threw all of it down, so it looked like this in the end.
I am waiting for my mother on this one or till I go to my local yarn group to make one. I will also be buying a actual plastic pom pom maker for myself before then as well. I hate when I get like this. I suppose I shall get back to making more little hats for things and for get the pom poms till another day.

1 comment:

  1. I hate making pompoms. I always end up with a huge mess and imperfect results. If you figure out the secret, please let me know :)

    ReplyDelete